The Greater North Carolina Area Combined Federal Campaign (GNCACFC) has increased its 2010 giving, raising a total of $1,169,068. It is the first increase in five years for the local Combined Federal Campaign (CFC), which is based in Greensboro.
CFC, formerly the Piedmont Triad Campaign, merged with the Greater North Carolina Area Combined Federal Campaign last year. In January 2011, Charlotte and surrounding counties merged with the GNCACFC. This Combined Federal Campaign now covers 56 counties in North Carolina and seven counties in South Carolina – the largest CFC in North Carolina. There are more than 30,000 federal employees who can donate to 2,700 approved charities.
The top 10 agencies with the highest increases over the previous year were:
- USPS, Nashville, 1,225%
- Social Security Administration, Durham, 875%
- USPS, Hollister, 580%
- Navy Operational Support Center, Greensboro, 569.5%
- Transportation Security Administration, Greensboro, 443.4%
- Uwharrie National Forest, Troy, 370%
- USPS, Thomasville, 358.5%
- Social Security Administration, Reidsville, 333.3%
- USPS, Bennett, 300%
- USPS, Graham, 204.1%
To learn more, call (336) 337-8834.